Wednesday, February 07, 2007

more random pictures.

This is from when I went to Roatan in January. Rosy, me, Catherine, and Rosy´s sister Jackie. We had a great time together, enjoying the different cultural experience (oh yeah, and the awesome beach!!...hard to believe, but it´s even better than the Ciriboya beach)

Um...the brown thing that´s coming out of this shell is called ¨caracol¨...or in English, ¨conch¨. I ate it the other night. It looks disgusting, and tastes pretty rubbery. It wasn´t bad, as long as I wasn´t thinking about what it looked like when I saw it like this!!


Me, drinking coconut milk right from the coconut! When the milk was gone, we chopped open the coconuts with a machete, and scooped out all the coconut inside, which was kind of like jello, because it wasn´t mature yet. It was so yummy! And it came right from Rosy´s front yard.


A picturesque view of part of Ciriboya. The house is Rosy´s, and I don´t know...I just loved the view. This is the stuff I will miss. Look at how gorgeous God made Ciriboya.

3 comments:

The Tall One said...

The picture of you with the coconut looked like you were on Survivor! There's a new season starting tomorrow. I'll tape it for you!

Dan Nel said...

hey Karyn... Merissa just came back the other night from her trip to see you. I am even more jealous I couldn't go when I saw her pictures and she told me some stories... but ehh I am here and the more I read your blog and hear about merissa and your adventures the more God reassures in my heart that I will one day be abroad myself... And thats why I feel blessed even if I couldn't be there...
If you know what I mean...
Miss ya a tonne...
-Dan

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that picture of Rosie's house. They really have their home open all the time, literally. So inviting. I miss you and i miss the warmth (not so much the death hot sun that almost burned me alive, but the warmth of the people and the country) Nos vemos muy pronto.