This has been a bad week, to put it mildly.
I am ready to come home. I have a countdown on. Only 38 more days.
It´s not that I haven´t enjoyed my time, but I am ready to be done. Here are some of the things I´ve been struggling with this week...in no particular order:
- The generator went down for a couple days, so we had almost no power in the office. This makes it hard to do work on the computer, which we all need to do.
- The most important computer with important documents broke. It won´t turn on.
- The internet broke. It is still broken. This means NO COMMUNICATION with the outside world.
- I have had a headache for 12 days. It started as a headache, got worse, then turned into a sinus infection (which is SO PAINFUL...I had no idea). I spent three days in bed, and still feel pretty sick, but am on drugs, so am gradually getting better.
- It´s been unbearably hot here again.
- The truck is broken. We drove for three and a half hours this morning on gravel, potholed roads with NO SHOCKS. This was not a fun experience.
- When I finally got to the city to check emails and call family, the electricity in the entire mall went out, and I had to wait for another two hours. Doesn´t seem like it was a big deal, but it was pretty much the icing on the cake.
- Work issues have been awful. I won´t go into that anymore, but relationships are tense.
On the upside, good things are going to happen! The last few weeks here will go fast. My friend Merissa is coming to visit, she will be here in 10 days! And well, my roommate Catherine and I keep each other sane when no one else can!
Sorry about the slightly depressing blog. Life can´t always be perfect! I have been delinquent at taking pictures, but now that I realize that the end is in sight, I will start again, and post some more. Despite all the bad stuff, God is good. He has been teaching me a LOT about love. I am not as good at it as I thought I was, but I am learning. Some wise missionaries have also helped me work through some cultural issues in the last few weeks, and I am SO THANKFUL to them for their support, advice, and insight.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry for the bad week, Karyn! I hope things have been better this past week or so. Hang in there!
You at least just made my bad day seem a little less bad :)
Praying for you, Chandra
so soooon!!!!!
Hey Karen,
I'm sorry to hear you were having a bad week! I hope things are better now. Amber just celebrated her 10th birthday and on a sadder note one of Derek's uncles passed away and on Sat. my last grandparent passed away. The next 2 days will be spent with family for the funeral and such. We miss you and hope that the rest of your time there will go much better then the last week!
Yvonne and Derek
Post a Comment