Monday, April 02, 2007

Things to be thankful for...


I realized the other day that I am not thankful enough for what I have here in Canada. My last post was just complaining about not doing "exciting" or "exotic" things, and I am overlooking all the wonderful things that I have here. So here are the highlights...

1. MY FAMILY. Look at my beautiful nephews. I LOVE hanging out with them. And I LOVE hanging out with my sister too. God has blessed me with my family.
2. My friends. Some in Calgary, most all over the world. But I am blessed with cheap long distance for most of them, and, well, I suck it up and pay the phone bill to talk to the other ones!
3. My roommates. They are great.
4. My church. I am liking it more and more. My small group is great too!
I guess those are the highlights. I am not rich and do not have a great job right now, but I also always have enough to eat and have money to put gas in my car. So I can't complain. I am going to be homeless in a couple of months, but hey, I still have another couple of months to look for a place. Although I'm not out having strange adventures, I am really enjoying this new stage of my life. So I just thought I would use this blog to bring a little perspective to my life. God is in control. Through all the stresses of life right now (job, house, money, schooling, etc...) I have to cling to that. Reverse culture shock is hard. But I am getting through it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola karyn! heard that you're on the miss exec next year (P told me)! I'm glad :o) what work are you doing now? see you soon!
~ phoebs

Dan Nel said...

Good times the other night... Def should do that again.

-Dan

The Benners said...

Those are two beautiful nephews you have! I wish I could come see all you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow...Karyn's gotta blog. Cool.