Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to School, Back to School...

The summer is over.
This is my last day of working at Cochrane Alliance Church. That is a little sad.

I am back to school. Going to be working 24 hours a week at the walk-in clinic, taking some courses, running a women's leadership team for the undergrads at my school, helping out with a Mexican mother named Alejandra and her three children (they are refugees from Guadalajara), hanging out with friends and family, helping out with youth at church, and keeping busy and enjoying life!

The summer was hectic. I worked a full-time job and a part-time job. It was crazy. Don't ever do it if you can afford not to. I had lots of fun this summer too...but kind of layed low...nothing too exciting or crazy.

I'm graduating this year! woot woot. Which begs the question, "What Next Karyn?!" That question scares me. I know what I would like to do, but am plagued by insecurities of my inadequacy for the job. Plagued by fear of doing the job alone, not having my network of family and friends. Having to rely SOLELY on my Creator. So, I guess I am trying to work through that stuff. At least I should be trying. So far this summer, I think I've just hidden it under work, work, more work, and some guitar-hero playing in there too!

Anyway, enough rambling for now.

1 comment:

Dan Nel said...

Hey... It was fun sharing some of those hectic summer moments with you... you know playing guitar hero... camping sort of(more like staying at really nice peoples house in Rocky mountain house. And now it's back to the "grind" School and work, lots of it. But none the less it was a good summer.
-Dan