Just a strange story for you.
Yesterday I met Patrick, the next Micro-Finance intern for Ciriboya. We met at Starbucks in an Indigo store. I had obviously never met him before, and had no clue what he looked like. So, in an effort to try and figure out who he was (in hindsight I should have just waited for him to find me!) I introduced myself to some random guy, with the conversation starter of "at the risk of sounding strange, is your name by any chance...Patrick?"
To which the random guy replied, "no...(awkward silence)...sorry...(more awkward silence)...one of THOSE situations, hey?"...to which I responded "...yeah..." and kind of trailed off and left awkwardly. Even though I realized, kind of after the fact, that he thought I was getting stood up on a blind date...and I pretty much told him that I WAS. OH MY GOSH...so embarassing. That's all I have to say! And that's when I realized, I'm not ready for the world of blind-dating!
The conclusion of the story is that I sat down, tried not to make eye contact with the guy, and then Patrick found me and we had a great time talking about my beloved Ciriboya! I'm so excited for him. I wish it was me going back (in some ways...the relationship way mainly...I miss my Honduran friends!)
Anyhow, that's my story!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahah wow that's hilarious, I think I actually felt a little of your embarrassment for a sec as I was reading this heheh... I am glad that Patric found you and that you didn't have to go to anymore randoms... lol
good story though... One you could tell at a party and get some laughs..
talk to you soon...
-Dan
i'm not sure i would've gone up to anyone! just stood around akwardly and try and figure out what the guy looked like! you are braver than i.
Post a Comment