Sunday, September 10, 2006

Goodbye Ontario, Hello Hondu!

So, I have arrived back in Calgary, after being in Ontario for two weeks. I am here for a couple of weeks tops, and then I am off to Honduras! I'm not sure of my exact departure date, but I'm assuming that I'll find out on Wednesday, my first day of orientation for Honduras! Just a few thoughts about best and worst of the last couple of weeks:

Best:
- Spending time with Sarah and helping her get ready for Indo
- Spending quality time with my Grandpa in Owen Sound
- Going to Niagara Falls for two days (ice wine tour in Niagara-on-the-Lake!)
- The scrapbook that Sarah gave me~!
- Reconnecting with friends in Newmarket
- Coming back to Calgary and seeing my sister and nephew again
- Getting a whole bunch of emails from people who have been to Honduras, and getting more and more excited about it!

Worst:
- Saying goodbye to Sarah. I HATE goodbyes. I HATE change (yet crave it)
- I HATE leaving people
- Wanting to help my grandpa and make things better, and not being able to

So there you have it! I'm sure I'll have lots more stuff after my first day of orientation for Honduras on Wednesday. But I have to make a confession...I'm going shopping tomorrow for last minute things, and I think I am about to join the world of those who wear CROCS. I think I'm going to buy a pair. Even though I think they're ugly.

2 comments:

The Benners said...

CROCS are ugly but they sure are comfortable! I resisted for a long time but now my whole family has them!
Glad you had a good time in Ontario - can't wait to hear more details about Honduras!

Anonymous said...

karyn,
I don't like that I was second last on your list of positives!!! I should be higher up there!! Just kidding!! I am glad you put some more random thoughts on here, I almost gave up on you!! I love you and so does Elijah!!

Karla