
Catherine (my roommate) had a birthday on October 28. So me and my friend Rosy threw her a party! We drove all the way out to this village to buy all the food, went back to Rosy´s house to cook all the food (it took all afternoon!) and then we suprised her by coming to the CAUSE office (one of the only places in town that has electricity because we have a generator) and having a party, complete with 20 people, cool music blasting through this beaten up old stereo in the office, and drums! Garifuna people are famous for their drums, and for their dancing. It was tons of fun. I didn´t get many pictures, but this is a not very good picture of me and Rosy, sitting around the table that night. I want you to know her like I know her, she is such a unique person! I will try and post more pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment