Friday, November 03, 2006

Pictures...and Stories.


Here is the picture of my finger. And here is the story. We went to the mountain, to chop things down. Like firewood. And sugar cane. I carried a huge load of firewood back home, for one and a half hours. It was the hardest thing I´ve ever done, and the woman that we went with does this EVERY SINGLE MORNING!! It gave a whole new meaning to the idea of physical labour. I wish I could post a photo of what I looked like, but I don´t have one on my camera. Then, in the afternoon, I really wanted to cut the sugar cane that she gave us that morning, you have to cut the skin off so that you can eat it. And I was sitting there, trying to peel it, and thinking to myself, ¨I´m going to cut myself, I know it¨...and then, wouldn´t you know it, about 10 seconds later, I cut myself! I wanted to take a picture of it, but my camera was out of batteries. So this is a picture of my cut, 6 DAYS after I cut myself. I don´t know, but I think I should have gotten stitches!! What do you think? The good news is that now, it is completely healed, I just have a scar.

No comments: