

This is me on the beach, and the beach in Ciriboya at sunset. It is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. No one is ever on the beach. Rarely anyway, except for the very poor people who do not have bathrooms in their houses, and who use the beach to have baths (then go home and splash some non-salt water over them to get rid of the salt water). People think we´re strange because we like swimming in the ocean! But we don´t care. We don´t go as much as we should, but we do go on a regular basis. It is like the ultimate tourist spot, because it is not touristy! You can look out over the ocean, see the sunset, look back and see the mountains and palm trees and coconut trees, and you can´t tell that there is anyone living there, except for a couple of little canoe-like boats on the beach, which people use to go out fishing. We eat a LOT of fish here. It is like, the staple meat. No one eats much meat other than fish. Fish, and rice, and bananas (but mashed up bananas that they put in soup) and fried plantains, and coconut everything. Those are the staples. I love the food here. I love the beach. My hair is in braids! I have my very own hairdresser, her name is Jessica, and she is Rosy´s 14 year old sister. She will do my hair in braids whenever I want. Usually they last about three days...next time I´m going to see if they´ll last longer!
6 comments:
beautiful!
I love the pictures! And I wish I could see that beach for myself. Keep posting pics when you get a chance, and telling us your stories - they're fun to read and give us an idea of what and who to pray for!
Karyn
Thanks for the pictures and great descriptions about your experience.
We love you!
Aunt Jan
It is so beautiful there! I love your pics and stories, keep it up! And take care of that finger ~ that really looked like it hurt like crazy!
Karyn, you look beautiful with braids :)
I miss you so much.
wow, that finger injury is intense, you def shoulda had stitches put in, hahaha. now you'll have a scar forever that says "i was in Honduras"
AW kitty is so cute. he sleeps on your bed all the time. right by your pillow too, in a curled up ball. The other day, MEghan and I closed him up in the stove drawer by accident!! we just heard pots moving around and we were like "what the heck?" and meghan said "it sounds like a cat" and it WAS! He crawled out all nonchalantly. hahaha.
its been cold here! but today the chinook came... nice. its like fall all over again.
anywas. Chantel is going to youth now, she really likes it I think.
hmmm... there's not much new.
I hope you are doing well Karyn. The pics are so cool.
Love you!
Oh, karyn, it looks amazing there. You must be so enriched with culture, it sounds so nice over there. ANd your hair is in braids, and long, wow. you are making me green with envy (just kidding). Say hi to your friends for me, particularly Rosy.
Post a Comment