These are my friends. From left to right - Carina, Catherine, Rosy, and me. Carina works in the microcredit program, so I work with her everyday. She is very soft spoken, but once you get to know her, she has such a sense of humor. She lives in a one room house, that is made out of sticks and mud with a tin roof. NO JOKE. Sticks and mud. She doesn´t have a bathroom in her house yet, so whenever she has to use the facilities, she has to walk down the mountain to the store in town that her in-laws own. She has the BEST view of the ocean from her house. I will show it to you someday.Catherine is my roommate, as you know. We get along great. God has blessed me with her, that is for sure.
Rosy, I´ve told you about. Her family is outrageous...I´ve never met a more giving family in my entire life. Two weeks ago we came to the city with her (she has 8 sisters, and 4 of them live in the city La Ceiba!) and we stayed in their house. We all went out for dinner for a going away party for Rory, and they were so generous...they lent me clothes to wear out, and everything. And then when I got back home to Ciriboya, I opened up my bag, and one of her sisters had given me two shirts. Just given them to me. Just for the heck of it. They had known me for two days. Wow. We have much to learn about life from these Garifunas.
1 comment:
It's great that God has blessed you with some awesome friends... I am glad you are having fun.
Post a Comment