One thing that I really missed about being in Honduras last year was CHRISTMAS! They don't really seem to care about it much there...especially in the village. And how "christmassy" can you get with no electricity or evergreen trees?! I know, I know, that's not what Christmas is all about, and trust me, I really did appreciate it in a totally different way than I ever have before. But man, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!! Trees, sparkly lights, candy canes, even snow (as long as I don't have to go outside!), and ALL THAT STUFF is so exciting to me this year!
The morning the time changed, I was in the drive-through line at Tim Horton's on my way to church (I was celebrating...because I thought I was going to be late for church, and then I realized I hadn't changed my time and I still had almost an hour!...so I hit up Tim Horton's) I was getting coffee...and the woman handed me the coffee cup and I realized that it was a Christmas cup. I then proceeded to screech, at the top of my lungs and like a little girl, "CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!". She was a little shocked and gave me a strange look, but I didn't really care. I love Christmas!
Other than Christmas coming up, life is pretty average. Work, school, homework, hanging out with family and friends, nothing much to report. I had a breakdown the other day and bawled like a baby, because I saw pictures of Ciriboya on the new interns' facebook, and then I realized that I have not left Calgary in 9 months. OH MY GOSH. I'm getting the itch. Just a vacation...doesn't have to be long term! Just put me on a plane somewhere, anywhere!
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we need to hang out soon...drink coffee, look at your tree and listen to christmas carols! maybe even watch rudolph the red nosed reindeer!
Post a Comment