
So, this is me and my roommate Catherine, on the tropical island paradise called Roatan. First of all, I haven´t posted many pictures of me lately, because as you can see from my chubby face, I am gaining weight! This is a bad picture of me, and I debated posting it, but then I thought, ¨why not¨?! You might as well be caught up on all aspects of my life! Just as a side note though, my biggest New Year´s Resolution was discipline in eating habits!

So this is where I was the last four days. We took a ferry to Roatan, which is a Honduran Island. We stayed in a dump...I have never seen the contrast so boldly before between what you see above (which is what the tourists see) and where we stayed. There was no running water or toilet in the apartment. The toilet (which was not a proper flushing toilet) was shared by a complex of at LEAST 20 people. There was no shower. We had to haul water up the stairs, wash our dished from a little bucket, and brush our teeth outside. The people decided they didn´t like us, so they changed the lock on the toilet so that we couldn´t get in! So we had to borrow a key for another toilet from someone that one of my friends had as a contact. I don´t know what we would have done otherwise!! Our electricity randomly went out for one entire evening, and we could not sleep with the window open for fear of people climbing in the window.
BUT, WE GOT TO GO TO THIS BEACH! During the day, life was heavenly! I went snorkelling, suntanning, swimming, relaxed on the beach, ate good food, had great times with friends, and have absolutely no complaints! I feel truly blessed for all of the experiences I have had in the last month of vacation, and am sad to see the vacation time pass! It´s back to work on Monday. But the fun times continue...although the countdown is on. Only two more months until I return to Canada.
2 comments:
Karyn!!! one more month and I'll see you!! That beach looks beautiful, and so does the Ciriboya one. I can't wait to share in the joys of cold showers and scorpions!
Have a good day back at work tomorrow!!
HEY...who is plompers?! I miss you too...I think!
Karyn
Post a Comment